COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In General. We may collect, use, disclose, transfer and store any information you enter on our website or give us through various means, including telephone calls, emails, enquiries or bookings at our sales office, SMS, fax, post, and any platforms used by the Companies from time to time (collectively the “Platforms”). The information which we collect includes information that can identify you (“Personal Data”), including, but not limited to, your name, contact numbers, postal and email addresses, and contact preferences. We may also request you to provide us with information on your visit preferences, the loyalty programs which you participate in, and feedback, suggestion, testimonials, photographs and videos of the trip which you booked with us (together with the Personal Data collectively referred to as the “Personal Information”). You are not required to provide the Personal Information that we have requested, and if you choose not to provide the requested Personal Information, we may be prevented from providing certain products or services to you.
Personal Information Relating To Another Person. When you make a reservation with us on behalf of a visit companion or another person, we will request for the Personal Information of that individual. You should obtain the consent of such other individuals prior to providing their Personal Information to us. Any request to view or change their Personal Information provided in relation to the reservation which you have made can only be made through you or your account with us.
Surveys, Lucky Draws and Contests. We may request Personal Information relating to you through surveys or contests which we conduct from time to time. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you have a choice as to whether or not to provide the Personal Information we have requested through the survey, lucky draw or contest. Personal Information collected through surveys will be used for the purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of our services. Personal Information collected through contests will be used to notify winners and award prizes.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
General. We will use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
• to provide you with the products and services you request;
• to provide you with visit confirmation and updates;
• to manage your account, including processing bills and providing visit notifications;
• to complete payment to third-party vendors for booking which you have made with us;
• to administer our website and business;
• to communicate with you in general;
• to respond to your questions and comments;
• to allow us to contact you for customer service, if necessary;
• to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and website;
• to notify you about promotions and visit-related products and services that may be of interest to you;
• to customise your experience on our website;
• to reward you as part of any reward and recognition programs and or competitions organized by our company you choose to join;
• to resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems;
• to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
• to enforce our Terms and Conditions when you make a visit booking with us; and
• as otherwise notified to you at the point of collection.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information with the following third parties, some of whom may be located overseas, and as a result, may require us to transfer your Personal Information overseas:
• Third Party Suppliers such as car rental and activity providers, who fulfill your visit reservations with us. Please note that these third party suppliers may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you in order to facilitate the visit reservation which you have made through us.
• Third Party Vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys, lucky draws or contest programs and fraud detection and prevention. We may also authorise third party vendors to collect Personal Information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our Platforms, or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third party vendors have access to and may collect Personal Information only as needed to perform their functions and are strictly not permitted to share or use the Personal Information for any other purpose.
• Business Partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. If you choose to receive information about these products or services, we may share information about you, including your Personal Information, with those third party partners so that they can contact you directly by email, SMS, phone, fax, or post about their products and services.
We will only disclose your Personal Information with your consent (whether implied or express), and will take reasonable steps to ensure that the third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information are also legally bound to protect the privacy of your Personal Information.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
• Where disclosure is necessary to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors for the purposes as set out in this policy.
• Where disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, governmental or other regulation or the requirements, orders, directions, instructions or notices of any regulatory authority or legal processes.
• When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights and property of the Companies.
• To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, acquisition, spin-off or other corporate reorganisation of the Companies.
• Where disclosure is needed for any emergency purposes whether locally or abroad.
OPT-IN AND OPT-OUT POLICY
We offer you the ability to opt-in to or opt-out from (as the case may be) receiving marketing messages in relation to our products and services or the products and services of third parties by changing your preferences, or emailing us at Info@SAVisit.com
While we respect your decision to opt out of receiving marketing information, you understand and accept that this may in some cases impact the availability of services and the quality of services that we may provide to you and may mean that the services provided to you (if possible at all) by us may not be customised for your use, may be less user-friendly and less efficient.
UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Personal Information which we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. This means that from time to time, we will ask you to tell us if there are any changes to your Personal Information. If you find that any Personal Information which we hold about you is incorrect, please notify us immediately.
RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
a. This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
b. Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
c. Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
1. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
3. in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
a. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
b. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
(1) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at SGD$50); and
(2) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport/IC certified and your booking invoice, you may need to make a trip down personally in the case these are insufficient proof, the Company reserves the right to refuse information to suspicious individuals).
a. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
b. You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
c. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
b. A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
c. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
d. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
e. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
1. in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
2. in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
3. in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
f. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
g. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
h. You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
1. in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
2. in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
3. in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
i. Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES